The Tivoli Theatre Foundation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Event Usher. The Tivoli Theatre Foundation Usher Team helps to ensure safety, helps to maintain the cleanliness of the venue and engages with guests to assist with their needs before, during and after the show. Ushers work in various posts at all Foundation properties.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
*Greet guests, scan guest tickets upon entry to the venue, answer guest questions, assist guests with locating their seats and examines tickets for entry to various seat levels around the venue during the event.
• Assist with keeping the venue safe, clean and presentable to the guest.
• Resolve guest complaints or problems.
• Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity.
• Provide assistance to guests with special needs, such as helping with seat accommodations.
• Guide guests to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
• May assist in verifying staff credentials to generally restricted areas.
• May partner with other staff at the end of reception, show, etc. to clear and/or close the venue- this may include picking up and properly storing event equipment such as tables, chairs, barricade, etc.
• Assist patrons by giving directions to places inside or outside the venue.
• Ensure guests are safely enjoying the show.
• Additional tasks as requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & QUALIFICATIONS
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* At least 1+ year in a guest service role preferred
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
* Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs and occasional sitting, lifting and carrying 25 lbs.+
Please submit application HERE
In addition to federal law requirements, the Tivoli Theatre Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Tivoli Theatre Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.