Event Security Officer
The Tivoli Theatre Foundation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Event Security Officer. The Tivoli Theatre Foundation Security Team is responsible for the safety and security of The Tivoli Theatre Foundation venues, employees, guests, patrons, and assets at all times. Security Officers work in various posts at all Foundation properties.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Setup and operate security screening equipment for all guests, employees, and artists, as needed, in an effort to prohibit specific items as instructed. This may include the use of touchless security screening equipment, walk-through metal detection, hand-wands, bag searches, and more.
• Control and monitor vehicle access into the alley, loading zone, and permitted parking areas. Allow authorized vehicles and prohibit unauthorized access as necessary. When needed, set up and take down all parking permit requirements (cones, signs, bike rack, etc.).
• Limit loss and damage by reporting and documenting any irregularities (trespassers, building damage, leaks, unsecure access points, etc.) and by informing violators of policies and procedures.
• Provide crowd control and crowd management during public or private events as directed.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations, patron issues, or disturbances within area of responsibility.
• Lead guests and other employees in emergency evacuation procedures and provide assistance
• Maintain control by circulating through your work area throughout the shift
• Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
• Safeguard against theft and property damage
• Communicate clearly using radios, hand signals and flashlights. Remain in contact throughout shift
• Set up area before opening (stanchions, table configuring, etc.)
• Keep interior and exterior of the venue clear and safe, cleaning spills and removing food, trash or other obstacles, before, during and after the shift.
• Other duties as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to obtain State of Tennessee Security Guard License. Background checks are conducted.
• Knowledge of Security Industry regulations and experience in a similar role preferred
• CPR and First Aid Training preferred
• Ability to work late hours
• Flexible schedule
• Read, write and speak English fluently
• Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
• Must be able to frequently traverse the building including moving between multiple floors and ascending/descending stairs.
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Must be able to work extended or irregular hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
• Successful applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
In addition to federal law requirements, the Tivoli Theatre Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Tivoli Theatre Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please submit application HERE