Event Security Officer
Event Security Officer
The Tivoli Theatre Foundation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Event Security Officer. The Tivoli Theatre Foundation Security Team is responsible for the safety and security of The Tivoli Theatre Foundation venues, employees, guests, patrons, and assets at all times. Security Officers work in various posts at all Foundation properties.
Position Type: Seasonal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Setup and operate security screening equipment for all guests, employees, and artists, as needed, to prohibit specific items as instructed. This may include the use of touchless security screening equipment, walk-through metal detection, hand-wands, bag searches, and more.
• Control and monitor vehicle access into the alley, loading zone, and permitted parking areas. Allow authorized vehicles and prohibit unauthorized access as necessary. When needed, set up and take down all parking permit requirements (cones, signs, bike rack, etc.).
• Limit loss and damage by reporting and documenting any irregularities (trespassers, building damage, leaks, unsecure access points, etc.) and by informing violators of policies and procedures.
• Provide crowd control and crowd management during public or private events as directed.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations, patron issues, or disturbances within area of responsibility.
• Lead guests and other employees in emergency evacuation procedures and provide assistance
• Maintain control by circulating through your work area throughout the shift
• Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
• Safeguard against theft and property damage
• Communicate clearly using radios, hand signals and flashlights. Remain in contact throughout shift
• Set up area before opening (stanchions, table configuring, etc.)
• Keep interior and exterior of the venue clear and safe, cleaning spills and removing food, trash or other obstacles, before, during and after the shift.
• Other duties as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to obtain State of Tennessee Security Guard License. Background checks are conducted.
• Knowledge of Security Industry regulations and experience in a similar role preferred
• CPR and First Aid Training preferred
• Ability to work late hours
• Flexible schedule
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
• Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
• Must be able to frequently traverse the building including moving between multiple floors and ascending/descending stairs.
• Tolerance of all cultures, music, and art forms
• Must be able to work extended or irregular hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
• Successful applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Please note our COVID-19 Policy: All full-time and part-time Tivoli Theatre Foundation event employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
In addition to federal law requirements, the Tivoli Theatre Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The Tivoli Theatre Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Event Security Qualifiers:
Be at least 18 years of age for registration as an unarmed security guard
Be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien
Be legally mentally competent, be of good moral character
Be free of habitual drunkenness or narcotics addiction or dependence
Have no disability which would prevent performance of duties
Be free of convictions including:
Probation for 5 years for serious crimes
Training - Must be completed as determined by state and organization requirements.
Submit three fingerprint cards for processing for a TBI and or FBI criminal history check 62-35-103(b)(1)