The catering assistant prepares food, stocks supplies, and maintains the catering and kitchen areas. You will work directly with the Event Managers and offer support to chefs and servers. This is a part-time position and hours will vary based on venue calendar and tour needs. Candidates will need to be willing to work early mornings, late nights, and on weekends. Those who are well-suited to this position enjoy working with others and are excellent multitaskers.
Assist in Food Preparation: You will carry out basic food preparation tasks such as washing and peeling produce, making sauces and dressings, adding and creating garnishes, and slicing meat.
Schedule Catering Orders: You will maintain the schedule and set up all catering orders. You will be expected to communicate with clients and vendors to ensure that all contracts are executed accordingly.
Set Up Catering Events: You will set up the catering and hospitality area. This may include positioning tables, chairs, linens, food warmers, baskets, coolers and ensure that utensils are prepared.
Stock Supplies: Maintain catering and hospitality areas - ensure there is no shortage of supplies. When supplies and ingredients run out, catering assistants replenish coolers, buffet lines, coffee tables, and order more supplies if needed.
Handle Bill Inquiries: You will need to work within a budget and communicate with clients so they understand their budget.
Work With Clients, A Team And Vendors:
Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly responsible, reliable, and ethical
• Well organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be able to identify and address customer opportunities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Previous experience as a Catering/Events Manager or Supervisor (preferred hospitality industry)
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a vehicle to meet with clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit for long periods of time; using hands and fingers repetitively; view computer screens for long periods of time; use office equipment, including a telephone; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch and frequently required to walk, climb stairs, talk and hear.
• May be required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be capable of effectively using close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
• Able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to assist in enabling a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job.
Email resume and cover letter to: HR@tivolichattanooga.com